Thursday, January 06, 2005

SETCHBOOK DIARY2

Currently, I am working on some animation tests based on the characters I've mentioned in previous posts. Man is it hard work!! I am trying to teach myself to be an animator--learning by doing and from some great books by Richard Williams and Edweard Muybridge. I'll post some as soon as get something worth showing.

In the meantime, here is a page from my sketchbook that I doctored in photoshop. It started as a drapery study but sort of turned into a kind of character sketch. I sort of like it. Kind of reminds me of King Lear for some reason--or maybe some other sage-ish character from Shakespeare. Prospero? Who knows? Anyway, here 'tis. Lemme know what y'all think!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice work man! You have a great style. We all get inspired by different folks. I'm currently into the Italien sculptor Bernini. Peter Paul Reubens is also amazing. Thanks for all your posts.