Thursday, September 22, 2005

EDISTO ISLAND

I was culling through some old pictures this morning and came across this picture from our May trip to Edisto. Edisto Island is a barrier island off the coast of South Carolina. As many of you faithful readers may or may not know, I am a hard-core South Carolinian. It is the most beautiful state in the union and Edisto Island is the most beautiful place in South Carolina. It's a smaller fishing community that hasn't been totally overrun with development and people. I have a lifetime of memories of Edisto...

This picture was taken from the back yard of my uncle's family house, better known as The Pink House. Ironically, it was taken the day that Mandy and I were very sure that the IVF hadn't worked. It was an appropriately gloomy afternoon and there was a shrewd bite to the air as we sat on the beach. Still, the clouds were lovely--perfect cold grey. As we were getting ready for supper, I took a walk by myself and snapped a few pictures... This is by far my favorite.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

James--that photo really takes me back---What times we have had at Edisto Beach. Great Family--Great times. Now we will have a new one to introduce to Edisto Beach. My heart is full of joy--with all that is going on in the world it is comforting to know we just keep on keeping on. LIFE IS GOOD