Monday, May 16, 2005

THE PLAY'S THE THONG...

That's me on the far right... I am playing the preacher Jim Casey in the Clemson Players' 92 production of THE GRAPES OF WRATH. I came across some old pics online from my theatre days at Clemson University. It was quite a stroll down memory lane.

One thing that I miss soooo much about theatre is the intense collaboration and, yes, even competition, that happens when you're trying to get a show off the ground. I miss those days terribly--not to mention the very talented people I was priveleged enough to work with. Who knows? Maybe I'll be treading the boards again sometime soon... I don't know though... Acting requires a lot of stamina and creative heavy lifting. I have probably been too long absent from the stage. I do miss it though... Sigh...

1 comment:

Jared Chapman said...

Somehow I totlly missed the fact that you went to Clemson. I think you'd be happy to know that I am able to see past that and like you for you ;)

I was in one act play in high school and really enjoyed it. I can only imagine what it must be like on the larger scale of a university production.

I think you should get back into it. Then I would come to Atlanta for your opening night... and rather than throw tomatoes at the actors on stage, I'd throw them at Ward.