Wednesday, June 03, 2009

ILLUSTRATION FRIDAY: ADAPT



BRACE FOR IMPACT! ALL HANDS! This image is a tribute to all the incredibly STUPID things I did as a youngster. I had an old beater of a bike that I took off of any manner of ramps and jumps--most of which went horribly wrong resulting usually in very sore bits "down there." I never tried the wings admittedly, but I thought about it. This piece obviously depicts a much older dude, possibly a shell-shocked former fighter pilot who is feeling an urge to take to the skies once again but is lacking the necessary "vehicle."

10 comments:

Angie said...

Great colours!

raim said...

well done... and funny

Denise Gallagher said...

Your work is wonderful!
And this piece is especially nice.

Mario Marchese said...

I love it :)

Coreopsis said...

Love this picture! Great composition--he is one determined guy!

kathy hare said...

wonderful!

denise said...

Great fun, beautifully done.

MiJa said...

love the composition! Nicely done!

theartofpuro said...

Great colours and composition,love the idea

Cartoons Inc. said...

I love how you can't see where he'll land! It looks like a screen shot from a disney movie....honestly! Great artwork man!