Thursday, November 18, 2004

KITTIES



These are a couple of images I created in Corel Painter. I am doing these to sell at the upcoming artist market here in our neighborhood. It goes like this: I will take the image and print it out on iron-on transfer paper. I will then iron the image onto a lightly gessoed small canvas that will later be covered with matte medium. The images hold up very well and require little touching up. I have given a ton of them away as presents and they look great. We'll see how they sell. I am also working on a couple of larger canvases to sell as well. Again, we'll see.

I chose big cats because, well, they just seem so serious all of the time. I like making them look a little like housecats... This past sunday in church, I was drawing pics of my overweight cat Frodo during communion. I had drawn a picture of Frodo with a lobster bib on and it was the funniest thing I think I've ever drawn. I had the whole row laughing hysterically.

No comments: